Minimally Invasive Surgery
• Rotator Cuff Repair
• Labral Repair
• Biceps Surgery
• Meniscus Surgery
• ACL Surgery
• Cartilage Surgery
Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) techniques offer patients many benefits over traditional surgeries:
- MIS procedures cause less post-operative pain and discomfort
Lower chance for infection
- MIS procedures have less chance for infection than traditional surgeries
- Patients who undergo MIS procedures are usually able to go home sooner as a result there will be a shorter hospital stay and quicker return to normal activities.
- MIS procedures require smaller incisions — which means smaller, less noticeable scars.
Less Injury to Tissue
- Most traditional surgeries require a longer incision which is made through the muscle. Muscle needs a significant time to heal after surgery. Because there are no long incisions in MIS, surgeons often do not have to cut through muscles to complete the procedure — leading to less tissue damage and quicker recovery.
Higher Accuracy Rate
- MIS procedures use video-assisted equipment, therefore, the surgeon has better visualization and magnification of internal organs and structure. For patients, this translates into a more accurate and definitive procedure.
Is MIS Right for You?
- Dr. Kostman uses minimally invasive procedures whenever possible. To see if MIS is an option for you, please call 314-966-8887 to schedule an appointment.